Final Paper Conclusion and Reflection

I cannot say that I have some specific kind of cause that I can champion, some subject that I feel strongly about that I am also knowledgeable of.  However, I hope that what I have presented to you today will at least give you some pause for thought.  I implore you, seek out more on your own and never be satisfied with what you know now.  I recommend checking out the "More Resources Page", a lot of these people can explain things more eloquently that I can, and all that I have put there should be at least of some value.  Until next time,  good day to you,  and don't forget to be awesome!





Reflection:
Overall, this project has both been a lot more work yet a lot more fun than I had ever imagined it to be.  Realistically, I'm not really satisfied with my final project.  There's much more that I would have liked to add, and I would like to edit what I currently have.  If feel as though I don't really have any sort of research and don't have enough sources.  A lack of a concise and singular point to revolve around probably hurt the paper as a whole.  Still, I feel as though it is very authentic.  It overall shares a style that is the same as the rest of the blog posts that I have written throughout the year.  Most simply are what I happen to be things that I was thinking at the time of writing, and it really helped me to write down thoughts that I was having.  This does however, have its drawbacks.  It requires me to be in the right mood.  Generally speaking, I either have complete writer's block, or I suddenly start writing in torrents.  This was especially something that was noticeable in this final piece.  I decided to basically split all of the paragraphs in my original draft into a separate blog post, allowing me to elaborate further on ideas without feeling like I was reaching a limit.  However, with that much more text to write, I never did feel as though I completed each section.

I may still try to tweak this page a bit even after publication.  There's several external links that I would want to find (many other blogs have had either links to articles or resources related to the topic), perhaps I can fix up some of the wording and other minor edits along with that.  I wonder what it would have been like to have a more focused issue to address.  I don't really feel as though I have a personal stake in many things, and without some sort of personal experience to back it up, not only could I not come up with any ideas, I wouldn't be able to present what I had with conviction.  This class as a whole has been really great for me, despite the massive workload.  It is a sharp contrast from High School English, and it was really liberating being able to write freely (and type it out instead of hand writing it, I'm sorry for all my old English teachers).  In High School, so much is placed on finding "meaning" and "techniques" in old books, it saps out all of the enjoyment in reading.  This course not only taught the value of reading, but the value in our own writing, beyond a paint-by-numbers report for a grade.  AP and IB are supposed to prepare you for college.  Ha.

Comments

Popular Posts